Wednesday, August 26, 2009

But The Waiting Makes Me Curious...

It is now time to start counting down the hours to my phone interview, which is scheduled for Friday August 28 @ 4:30pm.

Just getting to this portion of the application wasn't all easy sailing though. When I last left the blog world I was excited about applying that day. Well, I did, but Disney didn't seem to think so.

Long story short there was a MAJOR glitch in the system for the Disneyland Resort College Program applications and I have a feeling I was the one that discovered this wonderful time consuming glitch as when I contacted disney no one I talked too understood what was going on or why it was happening.

Everything was going great as I logged in, pulled up my application (which apparently was still on file from the last time I applied), made a few minor changes and resubmitted it. Then onto the next step which was the Web based interview. Now you HAVE to pass this web interview in order to move on to the next step which is the phone interview. I logged out as the website told me to do then clicked on "Web Interview"....it just refreshed the application page. Ok...try again? I clicked OVER and OVER and OVER and even tried from different computers in the house. All of it ended in the same result. I couldn't get access to the web interview. At this point it was past 4pm pacific time and that meant the Disney Offices were closed. So I waited until tuesday morning, tried again to no avail and gave up, so it was time to call Disney.

The woman on the phone had no idea how to help me and said she would forward my issue to IT and they would contact me shortly. So a few hours go by and I hear nothing. I start to panic because I had yet to hear from them about the issue and it was nearing office closing time. I called AGAIN, got another cast member on the phone (this one wasn't too nice =( ) and she noticed that I had already called earlier and I told her yes and that I had not heard back from anyone yet. So I hung up with her and it wasn't two minutes later that I got a phone call from a much nicer CM by the name of Linda (she was awesome!). I explained what was happening again to her we tried to work it out via troubleshooting and still had no luck. On Disney's end everything about my application was saying "incomplete" and on my end I couldn't get ANYWHERE to complete it! After the phone call, I received an email from her telling me that she heard back from DLR IT Department and that they were working quickly to resolve the issue.

I woke up this morning and signed on, all prepared to have the same issue reoccur, but was pleased when I saw that the DLR application page HAD been updated, now complete with full instructions & a working link for the application.

I clicked on the almighty Web Interview button and ALAS it WORKED. I took a few deep breaths, gathered my thoughts, remained calm and began the interview. I flew through it rather quickly but was worried if I had scored high enough to make it through to the phone interview. Once I was completed I received a screen telling me that I had completed the interview and that the next step was to schedule the phone interview. I PASSED. I was on the phone with Disney Recruitment no more than 2 minutes later with my phone interview all scheduled and ready to go!

I even checked my email account after all that went down to find an awesome e-mail from Disney about the issue!

"Thank you for your interest in the Disney College Program at the Disneyland Resort.

Over the past few days, our application system has experienced intermittent technical challenges. We believe that you may have been impacted by some of these system difficulties. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Your application & role checklist have been received and you are ready to proceed to the Web-based Interview.

Again we apologize for the delay you may have experienced with your application."


There you have it, Disney Magic at it's finest folks! Never one to let customers or possible future employees down =)

All that's left to do is complete the phone interview and wait for a Accepted or Rejected from Disney.

Be paitent is very good advice...

1 comment:

  1. wow you sure went through a lot for this! Well I guess that just shows Disney the dedication you have for the company =) Good luck with the phone interview!

    ReplyDelete